Saints Peter and Paul Church, Szentendre
The largest church in Szentendre was originally built for the Serbian Orthodox community in 1791. Its Serbian name, Ciprovacka Church is still used. The late Baroque style church was used until the Serbian community emigrated at the beginning of the 20th century, taking with them the equipment and the iconostasis of the church. The icon wall was later placed in a church in Kosovo. The Catholic community started using the building after a complete renovation in the 1940's.
The 32 meters tall tower is covered by a pyramidal spire. The stone gates were built in 1790 and they are richly decorated with carvings. The building itself covers an area of 528 m².
The interior is simple, painted white, there are no frescoes. The altar is decorated by the statues of the Apostles Peter and Paul, a Virgin Mary Statue made from elm wood and a ceramic figure.