Zichy Palace, Zsámbék
The palace was built on the spot of a 14th-15th century castle by the Zichy family in the 1690's as a castle, and it was turned into a palace in the 18th century. The early Baroque palace has a plain exterior look with two corner towers.
From 1904, the Sisters Hospitallers of the Sacred Cross used and renovated the building. Probably during these renovations were the medieval great hall and the outbuildings removed. Later the palace was used by a kindergarten and different schools. Since 1929, the palace houses the Vilmos Apor Catholic School.