The history of the village dates back to 1961, because until that time it belonged to Balatonfőkajár. Since then it has been an independent village. In the 1950s Aliga and Világos were small resorts with only a couple of weekend houses near the lake. The names of these two places are very interesting: Aliga got its name of a former pub, Világos was named after the yellow soil which is very light. (“világos” means light in Hungarian.) The name Világos was written down in the surveying of 1857. Today’s population is around 1320, but tens of hundreds of people spend their summer holidays here.