The synagogue was built on the spot of the Jewish community's former chapel in 1888. The building was designed by Lipót Baumhorn, a college of Ödön Lechner. The facade of the two-storey building has two corner towers connected by an arcade.
As a result of almost the whole Jewish community being deported during World War II. today the building is not used for any religious purposes, it houses a community center. There is a memorial plaque for the deported on the wall of the synagogue, and in front of the building there is a copy István Martsa's Martyr Memorial, the original can be seen at Auschwitz.